Tuesday 21 April 2009

Nearly the End - Parahawking to finish!!

Hi,

I am now back in Kathmandu and then I will be flying home on Thursday 23rd April. The Asian Vulture Conservation work that I was involved with has come to an end. Good News! we managed to achieve the target number of vulture chicks on the very last day of catching. Everyone is very pleased and on a number of occasion we never thought we would hit the target but everyone pulled together and our goal was eventually reached. It was not easy but this has been the most rewarding and satisfying thing I have ever been apart of. Team Vulture are now resting but very pleased how everything has gone. This is just the beginning of the work for conserving the Asian Vultures and much care and attention will be required to look after these birds for the future.

So how do you end a project like this on an even higher note?? Today I was lucky enough to be taken out Paragliding, but not just Paragliding but Parahawking. This involves the unique and breathtaking chance to fly with a Egyptian Vulture (Bob) and watch him glide through the air and then feed him from my hand. This was the best experience I have ever had and a fitting end to this unbelievable trip. Anyone interested in finding out more about Parahawking in Pohkara then contact Scott at : http://www.parahawking.com/

Thanks Again Scott!!














2 comments:

  1. I am very pleased you told me about this after you were back on the ground!!

    see you Thursday, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing amazing amazing !!!!

    can't believe its at an end now, see you friday morning at the bus station lots of love your nelly

    p.s moo just ate cat food (result!!!!)

    ReplyDelete