Saturday 11 April 2009

Dhangadhi

hi, I am still in Dhangadhi and things are getting hot (mid 30s). I am coping well with the heat wearing plenty of factor 50 sun screen (for children) and a large rimmed hat. The last week has been busy and we have achieved a lot. Yesterday was a full day and climbing trees in the midday heat was hot but where possible I tried to climb on the shaded side of the trunk. This was good until I was high in the tree and there was no tree cover . This morning we got away very early to make the most of the cool morning temperature and headed an hour further West (Like I thought we could go any further West than we had). It took some time gaining a climbing line high into the tree but then all went very well and the nest was soon reached. Then we return back to the lodge where we have been resting and taking shelter from the sun. The plan is to fly to Kathmadu tomorrow then I will head onto Pokhara the same day. Things are really starting to come together with the Vulture Conservation work and everyone is pleased with progress. I will keep you posted from Pokhara. Cheers Steve

1 comment:

  1. its sunny here too, but i'm not as sensible as you, as witnessed by my sunburnt nose ! hope the flight goes well, everyone is asking after you, here's hoping you meet your target, take care x nelly

    ReplyDelete