Sunday 29 March 2009

Saurama - Strike

Hi, just a quick post, we are currently stuck in Saurama as the road to Palpa (a few hours west) is blocked due to striking. I am a little frustrated as I am keen to carry on with the Vulture conservation work but this has slowed us down. It is important that we get to Palpa soon as the vultures will soon be fledging the nests so hopefully the strike will get resolved tomorrow. I have had a rest day today and took the opportunity to take an elephant ride through the Chitwan National Park which was great and saw two Asian one horn rhino which was a treat as there numbers are getting very low. I may be out of Internet contact for a good few days if I leave to Palpa in the morning, we will see what the morning brings..... Cheers Steve

3 comments:

  1. good luck with the next stage can't wait to hear from you on your return ! loads of love Nelly and Moo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this still sounds wonderful, we are off to Cyprus on tuesday so we wont be able to pick up this out there. have a wonderful birthday on the 7th and we will catch up when we get back, the same day as us! we are very impressed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work. JINAN elephant CNC

    ReplyDelete