Friday 27 March 2009

Leaving Pokhara

Pictures - 1.) This is the vine/bramble covered tree with the nest perfectly formed in the top of the tree (as mentioned in an earlier post.) 2.) This is me looking my very best (before tree in pic 1) 3.) Team Vulture (in Butwal) - From left , am bad with names (sorry who I have forgotten!) our driver, Anand from Bird Conservation Nepal , Richard Cuthbert from RSPB, Tulsi from Bird Conservation Nepal and another person who helped us with carrying equipment etc - everyone has been great in looking after me and educating me in all areas of Nepal..Thanks! 4) Tulsi - he was a natural tree climber 5) children. I may try attaching a few more pictures if I have time.



























Hi, ok making the most of good Internet access, great coffee and danishes. This morning was the last part of the work to be completed in Pokhara and went well. I woke to perfect views of the whole Annapurna mountain range and they really did knock me off my feet. They are soo big that the scale looks unreal and like there superimposed onto the background. I have taken many pictures but have not got access to them at the moment. We then head up into the steep side valley where we had been working for the last few days. The last nest we were to gain access to was tricky as was on a steep side of a small water fall and the large tree was leaning away from the bank. We had to use a few different skills where i was sorting out gaining access lines into the tree and manageing ropes down on the side of the bank as Richard climbed the tree. We work well together and by early lunch time all was completed and we head back into Pokhara for lunch. I am not 100 percent ready to leave Pokhara to return to Saurama for a few days. We then have many different areas to cover in the next few weeks. I will make the most of good internet access by attaching a few pictures. Thanks Steve

2 comments:

  1. It all looks absolutley amasing, i love the photo of you, have printed it off for the oldies!!

    take care, as ever all our love, glad to see you are wearing a hat!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah great pic, cowboy chic is evidently all the rage this season!
    keep up the good work hope you dont meet to many more ants...

    ReplyDelete